2014 Fermoy Estate Semillon Quarterly
95% Semillon, 5% Sauvignon Blanc
Bright straw yellow with green tints.
Fresh straw and cut grass aromas overlaid by lemon zest, grapefruit and honeysuckle.
Bright and fresh, the palate is clean, crisp and refreshing. Citrus fruits are complemented by the texture and palate weight garnered by barrel fermentation and maturation on lees. A wine of complexity and finesse that can be enjoyed now or will continue to develop in bottle over the next 5 years.
type: French age: 6 months length:1 and 2 year.
Drink now or bottle age 5-7 years.
- 5 stars – Winestate Magazine
- Gold – Wine Showcase Magazine;
- Bronze – Perth Royal Wine Show;
- 91 points – James Halliday Australian Wine Companion
- Ripe semillon fruit is already displaying its modest charms, with lemon, lemongrass and soft acidity. James Halliday.